SHARP Rating: Shoei Ryd
Key Features: Shoei Ryd
For and Against: Shoei Ryd
We've scoured the internet for owner's reviews and these are the key things they like and don't like about the Shoei Ryd.
- Fits true to size
- Quality finish
- Light weight
- Good vision
- Wind noise
- No drop down visor
Description: Shoei Ryd
Whatever the riding scene may be, the next-generation standard rides on
A design that evokes a unique mood, featuring black parts that stand out.
While being a standard model, the always attractive presence of the RYD proudly features SHOEI’s technology and know-how through and through, making a pleasurable ride a reality.
Anywhere, with any bike. Ride together with the RYD in the city or on long touring.
A precisely calculated, attractive design
– The flowing lines with edges in The sharp form around The jawbone area give an aggressive impression for a design with a feeling of strength.
– Comparing this helmet with our previous model, we were able to create a more compact shell, and we took measures such as coloring the ventilation components black, in the pursuit of a visually compact design as well.
Wind drawn into the helmet even when riding on hot days, for a comfortable ride
– Ventilation is one of the key points of the RYD design. Wind is drawn in from two intake ports on the front of the helmet and comes out from two outlets in the back, letting out the hot air inside the helmet.
– The lower air intake at the base of the mouth lets air drawn in flow inside the shield, acting as a defroster to eliminate shield fogging.
Shield that makes simple operation with a clear field of vision through optical design a reality
– By changing the curvature on certain components through our optical design, this helmet features the CWR-1 shield, which makes clear line of sight with a minimum of curvature a reality. Blocks 99% of incoming ultraviolet light.
– The ribs equipped on the top and bottom edges of the shield eliminate bending when riding due to wind pressure and twisting when opening and closing the shield, allowing the shield to open and close smoothly.
– QR-E shield base allows the shield to be easily removed and fixed. The dial on the base can be used for fine adjustment of the shield position.
– The window beadings which seal to the shield are separated to upper and side. This offers more flexibility and improves the seal on the shield, minimizing wind noise.
Interior stays clean with full-removable pads
Soft touch and firm grip for a comfortable ride
– The center pad, cheek pad, ear pad and chinstrap cover are all removable and can be cleaned.
– The interior surface is made of napped fabric. With its soft touch, this material rubs gently against your skin when you take off and put on your helmet.
– Three-dimensional urethane pads allow the entire interior to firmly grip the rider’s head in place, offering a comfortable fit.
– Even softer urethane is used for the parts inside the helmet that come into contact with the temples of your eyeglasses. This reduces the pressure on your temples, making it easier to wear glasses.
In the event that the rider needs medical assistance, this system allows another person to quickly provide medical help. Although prompt action is required when offering medical assistance to the rider, the rider’s helmet must be removed with great care. The E.Q.R.S. provides a special ribbon on the cheek pads that can be pulled during a medical emergency to easily detach the cheek pads from the helmet. By pulling off the cheek pad that holds the rider’s cheek in place, the helmet can be removed from the rider’s head with ease.
*When removing cheek pads for a usual maintenance, do not use E.Q.R.S. tabs.
Excellent for real world riding
I was looking for a new helmet that would suit general day to riding use on my super naked and the Shoei RYD from the reports I could find on the internet suggested it would be a good buy. Having made the purchasing the decision the helmet arrived next day and really blew my socks off with the quality of fit, finish and overall design.
It comes with an anti fog insert as standard and after riding a couple of hundred miles my only mild niggle is it can be loud at high speed as the vents create a reasonable level of roar, but easily resolved with ear plugs. I can also easily get my driving glasses on through the visor aperture so all in all it’s been an excellent purchase and great value for money. Matthew, SportsBikeShop customer
Good helmet, solid comfy, well made but the wind noise above 80kmph is pretty awful, not great from a brand as good as this, I bought it on other peoples review of its low wind noise but sadly its really loud, even at slow speeds, 30kmph with the visor up it whistles like mad, I may have to return it. Marc, Louis Moto customer
A good commuter helmet for cool weather
I bought this RF-SR (USA name for the Ryd) because the modular I had let in too much air below 70 degrees. It fits nice and snug. I don’t recommend it for summer riding because the airflow just isn’t suitable for our southern heat. A couple of things could be improved.
At interstate speed, there is a lot of buffeting and the helmet pushes hard against my face. This does not happen with my modular helmet. The other thing is that the chin strap snap is hard to reach feeling far up into the helmet. Other than that, it’s been a good, comfortable helmet. Just don’t wear this one if you plan on going at high speed or riding in the heat of summer. AC Revzilla customer
We Say: Shoei Ryd
Not rated yet by our team...
Deals: Shoei Ryd
Featured Reviews: Shoei Ryd
No reviews yet...